The Yard School of Art offers programs for Adults, Children, and Teens throughout the year.
Classes are offered in four semesters including an eight-week summer program. Learn a new skill
or refresh your existing knowledge in our professional studios from experienced teaching artists.
Explore your creative self - right in your own backyard.
The Yard School of Art was VOTED #1 in the Discover Jersey Arts People's Choice Awards for both Favorite Place to Take an Adult Arts Class and Favorite Place to Take a Kid's Arts Class. Find out why–register for a class today!
Want to register by mail or fax? Download and print an Enrollment form and mail it to Yard School of Art, 3 South Mountain Avenue, Montclair, NJ 07042 or fax to 973-746-0536.
April 8 – June 2, 2013
Holidays: Saturday - Monday, May 25 - 27 (Memorial Day Weekend)
Makeup weeks: June 3, 10, 17
Adult Classes: July 1 – August 23, 2013
SummerART Camp for Children and Teens:
- Session I: July 1 - 12 (no camp on July 4)
- Session II: July 15 - 26
- Session III: July 29 - August 9
- Session IV: August 12 - 23
Holidays: Thursday, July 4 (Independence Day)
Makeup week for Adult classes ONLY: August 26
- Chelsea Art Ramble, Saturday, June 1, 11 am - 4 pm FULL
- Mac Basics 101, Sunday, June 2, 10 am - 4 pm
- Raku Firing, Sunday, June 2, 10 am - 4 pm
- Learn the Magic! Intro to PMC Jewelry, Sundays, June 2 & June 9, 10 am - 5 pm
- Expressive Hollow-Body Figures, Sunday, June 9, 12 - 3 pm
- Parent & Child Indian Hand-Carved Block Printing (Ages 8+), Saturday, June 8, 12 - 3 pm
Register today! Call 973-259-5139 or
Volunteer at SummerART!
Volunteers age 16+ are currently needed to work with our SummerART camps for children.
School closures, cancellations, and makeups:
Classes not held due to a holiday, weather cancellation or the instructor’s absence are made up at end of the session. To find out about upcoming make up classes, see the Make Up Calendar
The Montclair Art Museum will close for snow and inclement weather whenever the Montclair Public Schools are closed. Call the Museum’s main number at 973-746-5555 after 7 a.m. for closing announcements.
For more information, please contact: